Accessibility statement for the Galaxkey web application
|Last updated||26th October 2020|
This accessibility statement applies to the secure email and workspace area of the Galaxkey web application.
This web application is run by Galaxkey. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this application. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Magnify content without problems
- Navigate and interact with the application using just a keyboard
- Navigate and interact with the application using speech recognition software
- Interact and perceive the application using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- A higher magnification text labels are replaced by symbols. These are not correctly named for screen readers
- Secondary navigation in the workspace area has customised components. For example – ‘New workspace’ this can be tabbed to but does not show as a component in a screen reader list
- When composing a reply email, the focus of the input is in the To field of the email. The focus should ideally be in the message box.
Feedback and contact information
If you need any information about the web application in a different format, please get in touch with us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: +443330 150 6660 Extension 3
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this web application
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this web application. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
Technical information about this Web application’s accessibility
Galaxkey is committed to making its web application accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to following non-compliances.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images by November 2020. When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in web application (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option).
We do not currently have skip to main content action in Workspaces but application does support navigating using various accessibility devices.
It’s not possible for users to change text size to very large without some of the content overlapping.
We are aware of these issues and we are working on these to make the user’s experience as best as possible. We will be fixing these in the coming updates.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our guidance PDFs and Word documents are essential to training or supporting the product. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any of these in more accessible format and we will make our best efforts to provide them.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Galaxkey is continuously working on making our products more and more accessibility compliant. In this endeavour we are constantly working with new interfaces and have regular discussions with our User Groups to get feedback. We are happy to discuss with you any issues you face in terms of accessibility and can disclose our roadmap on request. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 19th October 2020. It was last reviewed on 26th October 2020
This web application was last tested on 25th September 2020. The test was carried out by Galaxkey and Hassell Inclusion. (https://www.hassellinclusion.com)
We used this approach to decide on a sample of pages to test
Galaxkey offers email encryption and Workspaces on their web platform. The core use cases that get most used include
- Registration to Galaxkey
- Login to Galaxkey
- Going through secured mailbox (Inbox / Sent Items)
- Composing an email (including reply / forward)
- Opening and navigating workspaces.
- Creating workspace
- Addin document to workspace
- Downloading a document from worksapce
Web application was tested using reasonable adjustments and variety of assistive technology including
- Magnification (Including ZoomText, Browser adjustments)
- Screen Reader (NVDA / JAWS)
- Keyboard Accessibility
- Colour Changes (Operating system and Browser adjustments)
- Voice recognition (Dragon Dictate)
Web application was tested on multiple browsers (including Firefox and Chrome)