Working collaboratively on documents and data files is a major requirement for various industries. These include the legal, healthcare and the financial institutions. Sharing files via email and removable media is not advisable as they are difficult to control and difficult to protect.
Cloud store and share companies like Dropbox, Sharefile & Box provide a good mechanism for cloud storage, but companies are finding it difficult to use them due to the following issues
- Encryption keys for the files are not in control of the organisations.
- Files are stored by the cloud store companies in their infrastructure, hence there is no control on the file storage location.
- The companies have to rely on the security offerings of the providers and have absolutely no control on the document security.
- The recipient of the shared files has to spend in expensive infrastructure to collaborate.
Apart from above, the requirements from GDPR have made it even more difficult for corporates to work collaboratively.
Galaxkey is a powerful encryption platform. Based on this powerful platform, Galaxkey has created a secure collaboration platform. This collaboration platform has major advantages over traditional collaboration solutions in the market. Following are some of the features which provide a clear advantage in using the collaboration offering
- The Galaxkey Collaboration lets corporates store files securely inside their own network.
- The files are stored in local file servers and shared over the cloud via the secure Galaxkey Interface.
- The corporates have all the files in their own control.
- The files which are stored locally in the corporate network are individually encrypted by the Galaxkey identity of the persons who own the shared groups. These makes the files completely secure.
- Access only via Web Browser is a very feature which prevents redundant copies of the document.
- Users can work securely and collaboratively at the same time on the same document.
The platform automatically invites users to the Galaxkey platform and a free to use account is created.
Access rights are all controlled by the group owner.
Easily revoke rights directly from the interface.
All files are encrypted using the users identities.
Full support for 2FA
Files can be downloaded, edited and uploaded directly in the file store.
Files cannot be accessed unless the recipient has a valid Galaxkey account.
Conflict resolution handled internally by the platform.
The files shared via the platform will comply with the compliance of the GDPR.